A Foursys Security Health Check is a detailed assessment of the products we supply on your network. How it is currently configured and how it could be configured to optimise network security with best practice recommendations; all delivered using the experience of our trained specialist Security Consultants.
Foursys Security Consultants will also assist with the implementation of these recommendations (including full product upgrades, if that forms part of the recommendation), while ensuring customer involvement throughout the whole process, time permitting. Foursys will provide a detailed site visit report following the Security Health Check service, with an analysis of the present situation, work undertaken and prioritised recommendations. All work is backed by our Professional Services Guarantee.
Why should you have a Foursys Security Health Check?
Because Anti-Virus and traditional URL filtering is not enough to prevent malware infection. Today’s threats can spread through open shares, unpatched workstations and removable media. That means a Client Firewall, Device Control and Application Control are required to prevent modern malware threats spreading through a network. Virus infections such as Conficker are not stopped or even contained by an Anti-Virus product alone.
Sophos produces an Endpoint Solution to protect against these very threats and Foursys has the expertise to help an organisation implement these controls quickly and easily.
Below are some of the security and data protection capabilities that can be deployed either during or following a Health Check:
• HIPS – Updated pre-execution analysis prevents files that have suspicious behavioural characteristics from running. Optionally enabled cloud-based lookups further enhance accuracy and detection rates.
• Application Control – Block unauthorised applications from executing on the network. Prevent P2P applications downloading malware or Instant Messaging bypassing email controls. All application controls can be configured in an initial monitor only mode.
• Device Control – Take control of Removable media like USB sticks and CDs. Prevent malware from reaching desktops and data loss leaving them. Monitor devices attached to any Sophos protected desktop, then lock down their use with flexible policies that can give complete control (even down to the serial number of the device attached).
• Client Firewall – Malware like Conficker can spread through network shares exploiting weaknesses in the client configuration. The Sophos Client Firewall gives control over network shares and network programs/ ports, allowing access to required resources whilst securing endpoints from attack.
Web Browsing Security – Help prevent users downloading viruses from known malware sites by utilising Sophos Live Protection which is now standard within Endpoint.
• Data Leakage – Over 50 content lists of data types such as credit card numbers are available to monitor and if you wish, control data leaving your organisation from the desktop through email, web, IM, removable media etc). Simple but effective data leakage and control.
• Integrated NAC – Enforce security policies (like up to date Anti-Virus protection and service pack levels) across all endpoints and take control of guest machines connecting to the network through DHCP.
• Full Disk Encryption – Protect data on laptops or desktops with an easy to use full disk encryption product included in the Endpoint Security and Data Protection Licence.
• Tamper Protection – Prevent Endpoint removal or configuration change through password protected policies. You may want to use just some of these facilities, but advice on which is most suitable and how they could be implemented will be a vital factor in improving your security using Foursys expertise.
What Security Health Checks are available?
• Sophos Endpoint - the most widely used Health Check Service detailed here
• Sophos Email/Web - An add-on to the Endpoint Health Check for those with Sophos PureMessage, Sophos Email or Web Appliances
• Sophos SafeGuard - Including SG Management, Disk Encryption and other SG modules
• Sophos NAC Advanced – Intended for existing NAC users
• Websense Web Filter, Web Security or Security Gateway – Recommendations around deployment, configuration, patching, alerting or upgrading of Websense products in line with security best practice.
All Security Health Checks can be ordered as an annual service from 1 up to 5 years so you can fix the costs of a Foursys Health Check until 2015 at current prices.