Websense Vs. Blue Coat ProxySG/AV
- Blue Coat is a leader in WAN optimization
- Blue Coat Proxy SG provides accleration for network applications and when used with other appliances and 3rd party products can provide basic Web AV and URL filtering capabiltities
Why purchase Blue Coat Proxy SG?
- Increase the speed of network applications from branch offices and remote locations
- Increase the speed of streaming video broadcasts by caching common video content
Web Security Buying Criteria:
- Dynamic protection against modern threats
- Web 2.0 dynamic website policy enforcement
- Low management overhead and lower costs
- Consistent protection on and off network
- Integrated enterprise-class data loss prevention
- Block and throttle web protocols, sites and categories
Questions to ask Blue Coat:
- How to you detect attacks from web pages not accessible by your cloud based scanner or by standard AV engines?
- Can I manage and report on both on-premise and cloud protected users with a single policy?
- Do I have to buy a separate appliance to protect against data loss over the web?
- How many Blue Coat appliances does it take to provide URL filtering, AV inspection, Web DLP, comprehensive application control, centralized reporting and centralized management?
- Can I monitor user activity in real time?
Reviews and Awards
Positioned Websense as a leader in its recently released "Magic Quadrant for Secure Web Gateway"
Source: Gartner, Inc. "Magic Quadrant for Secure Web Gateway" by Peter Firstbrook and Lawrence Orans, January 8, 2010.
Why Websense Web Security Gateway is better:
Websense’s advanced real-time in-line security scanning protects users from modern threats that signature based malware detection and anti-virus does not detect. When a reputable web site has been compromised and is delivering malicious code to browsers, anti-virus, URL lists and cloud based reputation systems can’t deliver the protection you need.
Control for Web 2.0:
Dynamic Web 2.0 pages within sites such as Facebook or Twitter change minute by minute. Websense’s real time, in-line categorization accurately categorizes content in over 90+ categories and 50 languages,. Blue Coat attempts to categorize dynamic content from the cloud for a limited number of categories doesn’t work on sites requiring credentials like Facebook and other Web 2.0 sites.
Websense TruHybrid unifies cloud and on premise protection seamlessly with a single console, unified reports and unified protection engines.
Web Security Gateway Anywhere delivers enterprise class data protection efficiently and inexpensively with over 1500 pre-defined templates and patented Precise ID detection technology.
Advanced protection for outbound threats:
Websense detects and blocks outbound “bot” clients that communicate to hackers over the Internet even on non-HTTP ports which Proxy SG can’t detect.
Application and Bandwidth Control:
WSG/A enables blocking and bandwidth control of thousands of applications and more than 125 protocols using advanced application signatures versus 15 protocols in the Blue Coat Proxy SG
Real Time Monitoring:
The Websense Real Time Monitor provides visibility into your web activities as they happen, enabling proactive security and control not available with Blue Coat.